Housekeeper Training – Join The Elite!
The British Butler Academy offers exclusive Housekeeper training. The training will teach, refresh or speed up your housekeeping skills. It will make you more efficient, professional and attractive to current or potential employers. The housekeeper training certificate is developed by The British Butler Academy and endorsed by the British Butler Association.
Housekeeper training on offer:
- Individual training tailor made to your needs. 1-5 days of one-to-one training.
- Corporate housekeeper training where we come to your hotel or place of work to teach you and your team.
Who trains with us?
- Housekeepers already employed in jobs that want to excel and get better.
- House Managers wishing to understand the role of the housekeeper better.
- Hotel maids.
- Housekeepers wishing to gain an official qualification.
- People wanting to join this trade.
- Foreign students and local people.
Where is the housekeeper training located?
The courses take place in your home or place of work.
Our housekeeper training levels
Level 1 -Basics, rotas, weekly/daily tasks and products knowledge
Level 2 – Laundry care, Wardrobe Management, Ironing skills and specialist washing
Level 3 – In depth housekeeping training including fine art, antiques, specialist care and finishing interior touches.
Some course subjects taught will include, but are not limited to:
- The Professional Housekeeper
- The Housekeeper in guest care
- The Elite housekeeper
- The service minded housekeeper
- Understanding Personal Hygiene & Sanitation
- Cleaning tools required for the house of today
- Polishing perfection
- Cleaning technique’s to include best practices and “How To”. Rooms to be covered include, bedrooms, bathrooms and kitchens
- Dealing with specialty surfaces such as wood cabinetry, stainless steel, ceramic, shower doors, blinds
- Dealing with items such as antiques, art, books, drapery’s, sculptures, painted and wallpapered walls, chandeliers and rugs
- Specialist cleaning
- Turn down service
- Finishing touches
- Rooms & Areas of the private home
- Personal presentation, language & appearance
The Lady’s Maid / Laundress Housekeeper Training
- Understanding haute couture
- Fabric knowledge
- Reading and interpreting labels
- Garment care and mending
- Organising laundry and clothing
- Hand washing and silk
- Wardrobe management
- Laundry management
- Care of fine fabrics
- Ironing & Steaming technical skills
- Pressing garments
- Storing furs and other fine garments
I am one of the British Butler Academy's head housekeeper trainers. Since I applied to become part of the elite training team, I have not looked back for a second. I enjoy every training session and feel proud to be part of such a successful and genuine business.
I attended the Bespoke Bureau Butler/Housekeeping course on 6th & 7th 2013, the course was excellent, well organised and conducted. Robin our trainer was a very good presenter and very inspirational, I really enjoyed the course and has given me more knowledge and skills to help me go forward in my career.
Wow, what a fun course. When my friend recommended going along to one of the training courses at The British Butler Academy, I first hesitated. I have worked as a housekeeper for 32 years and was convinced I knew all there was to know about it. It turned out that I didn't. I learned so many great skills and tools of the trade and swapped endless secret tips with my fellow students. The job we are in can be lonely so bonding with people like me was wonderful. I highly recommend this fab course. Best Wishes.
I loved the 3 day housekeeping course that I took with this company in May 2014. What a fun few days I had. The teacher was very comprehensive and easy to understand. The curriculum is advanced but easy to understand and the role play was fabulous. I had fun! I recommend booking onto a course. It is well worth the money.
Jessica BealeHousekeeper / Private Household
Dear Sara I have very recently been offered a position as a housekeeping assistant at Windsor Castle. I would appreciate please that you provide me with a training reference. I will pass along your details and I'm sure they will contact you directly. I am so thrilled that this is the outcome of having studied with yourselves. Yours sincerely Jessica
Lucilla DiabloHousekeeper Private Home in Mayfair - London - Placed by Bespoke Bureau
I trained in June 2016 on the housekeeper course for 3 days. My employer sent me to train because she wanted me to better my knowledge in British style housekeeping and tools. I enjoyed it very much and made some good friends. Many tips and a handbook was also given to me:) Thank you Team!
How the Housekeeper training works
During the program, students will have theoretical classes but maybe hands on training. We think it is important to teach you the skills of a first class housekeeper and this is achieved by working and practicing in small groups in a real life luxury setting. About 70% of the training is role play and practical elements.
What certificate will I gain?
All our students at the British Butler Academy will receive an attendance certificate. You also get the option to become accredited/assessed with us for an extra cost. Our certificates are recognized globally. At our discretion we will also write references to the students that have done particularly well. Our recruitment agency can potentially place you in an internship role or employment if you are looking for work as a housekeeper.
How to book the Housekeeper Training Course
Drop us a line with any queries you may have on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch one of our housekeeper training videos