Course terms, booking conditions and cancellation policy
Please note that these ‘Terms and Conditions’ may be subject to change without notice. Keep yourself up to date by visiting this page.
Before booking onto the course, please ensure you have read the course content, to ensure the course will meet your training needs and that you are able to meet pre-requisites, where stated. Also make sure you fully understand the course terms.
If a course registration/booking is completed by an individual other than the named candidate, it is the responsibility of the employer to ensure the candidate is suitable for the course and has the relevant experience.
If booking a residential course with us (5 day yacht training, 6-14 day Butler or other training in London) you will need to stay with us at the house where we train and pay for full food and board. These fees are subsidized and heavily discounted. Should you wish to live elsewhere during the training then you can ask us and we can see if it possible but usually it is not.
Invoicing and payment
Upon request of your booking, an invoice will be sent to you and needs to be paid within 7 days or before the course starts (whichever is sooner). After you pay, your place will be confirmed
Payment must be made in pounds by credit/debit card, International transfer, BACS, cash or cheque.
We accept installments at our discretion and as agreed with us in advance but the full amount must be paid before the start of the course
Course attendance and certification
Candidates will receive joining instructions via email to the email address provided on the booking form. It is the responsibility of the individual completing the course registration/booking to ensure joining instructions are received by the candidate. Instructions will be sent via email to the email address provided by you. If the joining instructions are not received, it is the responsibility of the individual who completed the course registration/booking form to contact us for them to be reissued. Failure to attend the course will result in the full cost being incurred. No course attendance shall be allowed and no certificate(s) shall be issued whilst there is an outstanding balance.
Cancellations and Amendments
We do not offer refunds but we may be able to offer a date transfer at our discretion and if we have available spaces. All requests for transfers must be received in writing at least 14 days prior to the commencement of the course.
Failure to attend without notice as above
No refund given or transfer allowed
In the event of an individual named on the booking form cannot attend, we will accept substitution of another delegate on the condition that written notification of the substitution has been received by us prior to the course date and an administration fee of £300 has been paid.
All fees and costs are subject to 20% VAT
Press, Media & TV
The British Butler Academy is a school which is very much in the public eye. By booking any of our courses (run at our premises, not your’s), you must agree to accommodate filming, interviews and photographs taking place. Should you feel uncomfortable, please advise us and we will do our best to keep you out of the lime light. However, we cannot promise this request will be seen to. Should you not like the idea of being part of the press we get then you should not book onto our course. One option is to book a private course instead. Most our students get great press and those opting to be interviewed tend to come away with jobs a lot faster than the others. You will also raise your value in the industry as our clients often offer roles to students they have seen on TV and/or in the press.
Please note the below points that are important for the booking and participation of the courses
- Payments in installments are possible (50% deposit needed upfront however)
- You must stay with us during the residential training
- Please wear black trousers, black shoes and don’t wear any heavy jewelry, piercings and keep any visible tattoos covered up
- You will get a shirt, white gloves as well as a black tie from us (after paying a deposit) and you can buy or give it back at the end of the training
- We always have journalists from TV or the Media with us and you need to be ok with this. This will of course raise your profile in this industry.
- You will receive your certificate at the end of the course. You can also get references from Sara (the well-known director) and/or the head trainer if you do well
- A cook is on site on the residential training so you will get 3 meals a day. Snacks and drinks are provided daily but if you have specific dietary requirements, please bring your own.
- The last day we have a cocktail/canapé and garden graduation party
- Sunday you check out and leave
- Due to all the TV and Media coverage we have received over the years and the popularity of the famous courses, we suggest you book your slot early not to miss out on the best House Management Training courses in town
It may be necessary, for reasons beyond the control of the Bespoke Bureau and the British Butler Academy to change the content and timing of the programme, the date, the venue or the tutor.
We have the right to remove any student who we find unpleasant, disruptive or that disturbs the trainer, the other students or other staff. This decision is entirely at our discretion and should we opt to remove you, no refund will be made.
Important note, course terms
Bespoke Bureau’s acceptance of your booking brings into existence a legally binding contract between us on these terms and conditions.