House Manager hire for you
House Manager hire
Call +442032900142 today or email firstname.lastname@example.org to see examples of the people we have on offer for your house manager hire.
We have a large amount of wonderful house managers at our domestic staff agency. Our house manager hire service allows you to hire house managers for all over the globe. No job is too bit or too small for the Bespoke Bureau house manager.
Responsibilities & Duties of the House Manager
The house manager is senior manager in a private household. He or she usually works in a large home or an estate (then called an estate manager). The follow duties are typical of a house manager:
- managing staff.
- managing multiple properties.
- ensuring consistency of service.
- Overall financial management for all properties .
- responsible for fine art.
- project management and management.
- PA work.
- Chauffeur work.
- Valeting or butlering.
Hours of the house manager
These jobs can be live-in. Then it is often a 24/7 on-call position. However, this is not always the case. It can vary from household to household.
House Manager’s other titles
Other titles used for this position include:
- Director of Properties and Services.
- Director of Residences.
- Estate Manager.
- General Manager of Properties and Services.
Experience and Qualifications needed to be a house manager
Many house managers have years of experience working in households. Some are also former property managers. You do not need a qualification to be a good house managers but it helps. We train house managers at our famous British Butler Academy. However, you need to have previous background in either corporate management, service or in a household. Also ex PAs become very good house managers often. Ex housekeepers can train and become excellent house managers.
Difference and similarities between a House Manager and a Butler
The Butler, as opposed to the Household Manager, traditionally serves a more formal figure. The butler deals with protocol, formal service, fine wines and household etiquette. Both positions involve a lot of hands-on service to the principals and their guests. Their work schedule will often vary in days or hours, requiring a degree of flexibility.
Experience required of the House manager and Butler
- Vendor and project management skills.
- Knowledge of etiquette and protocol is good.
- Formal service of fine wines and food is a must.
- Ability to represent the household from telephone manner to reception of guests.
- Knowledge of and expertise in caring for fine arts, antiques, silver, china.
- Car knowledge.
- Valeting skills for both males and females.
- Eye for detail and ability to anticipate.
- Ability to read mood of principal’s and other household members and adapt accordingly.
- Experienced in delivery of thoughtful, discreet and unobtrusive service.
- Demonstrated discretion and confidentiality
Contact us for your house manager hire
Kind Regards, Bespoke Bureau
Blackwell House | Guildhall Yard
Bank | London | EC2V 5AE, UK
Phone: +44 (0) 2032900142
Watch us on our internet channel: