Our courses at the British Butler Academy
We offer a large variety of Course Types at our famous school for Elite service professionals. Our range of Butler, Silver Service & Interior Yacht Crew plus and Housekeeping courses are available for all types of service staff and domestic staff. Private employers as well as 5 star hotels and clubs send their staff to us. The very same clientele request to have the courses hand delivered within their own premises.
We allow a maximum of 12 students per training course (fewer for the yacht training). The small group setting ensures everyone gets the teachers attention and creates a comraderie between the students where they can learn whilst bonding. The students get to live and/or study in a mansion or our HQ and experience working as part of a small team in a real life setting.
Our guarantee to you
Although we do not give refunds, all our students are welcome back to the same training course they booked (if we have available space) in the next 12 months. This is to guarantee you have learned and understood what you came to us for and that you are 100% satisfied.
Which of our Courses to choose from:
We offer 3 different types of courses:
1. Open courses:
The academy is open to the public who wish to enter this exciting field of work. It is also suitable for those who opt to excel in their current service role. We run courses throughout the whole year. There is a wide range of residential and non residential courses on offer every year. Click here for more info on these courses and dates.
- All courses we host on our own premises (Blackwell House), at The Oriental or at a chosen location such as Mansions or Estates in London or outside.
- They last from 1 day to 2 weeks.
- They are group courses.
- They almost always have a PR aspect so filming or photography will take place. All students booking an open course should be OK with this, otherwise we suggest that you book onto a private course with us.
2. Private courses
- This is a chance for you to train alone or in a small group.
- Held in your home or at our HQ.
- The price is decided depending on the length, location and numbers.
- All our courses and modules are available as private courses.
3. Corporate Bespoke Courses
- These are our courses aimed at Luxury Resorts, Hotels, Retail Stores, Private Member Clubs etc.
- As our name suggests (Bespoke, which means tailor-made).
- We develop individual courses for you based on your needs and requests.
- No request is too strange, big or small for us.
- Our head trainers travel across the globe, alone or as a group to see that you or your staff get trained to be the best of the best.
- We also run a “Train the trainer” programme.
Hands on and theoretical teaching at our courses
To ensure that the students get the most out of our courses, our programme offers both theory in classrooms as well as practical hands on training in a real life setting. The practical part is about 70% of the training. This ensures a high quality training model and we make sure that all students learn all the skills inside and out.
The famous British Butler Academy has gone from strength to strength. Our Trademark 2 week residential Butler training is hosted 4 times a year and is located at an Estate in the countryside.
Our Service training for Yacht interior crew is available for newcomers and seasoned yacht crew. You can come and train with us at our school or we will travel to your Yacht and teach your crew to be the best of the best.
Our well known Housekeeper Training is available for those of you wanting to join the trade or already work in it. We run open courses but also come to your home or hotel to train your housekeepers be the best they can be.
Up your trip advisor ratings with our specialist Hotel Staff Service training. We also consult hotels that wish to get a new or existing butler department running to perfection.
Our Silver service training runs over 3 days and offers the student a chance to get ahead of the game with the sought after ancient skill that is silver service.
The Maternity & Baby Academy (MBA) is an OCN London accredited nanny and maternity nurse academy. Training is available on a group, individual and corporate basis.
We offer service training courses for cabin crew of private jet companies as well as corporate airlines. Learn how to become the best at service in this unique industry where you work in small teams in an ever moving and confined space.
Learn Elite Etiquette with our finishing school to get yourself refined as the perfect lady or gent. Our finishing school perfects your British etiquette, accent and mannerism. The school is developed to educate staff, business men as well as the general public to become gents or ladies of the 21st century.