Butler’s working duties
First of all, what are a Butler’s working duties? Butlers are a special type of household staff. Impressively, they are responsible for running a formal household. Also, they are on hand to meet the employer’s personal needs. To find out more about a Butler’s working duties and other information on Butlers, please contact us:
A Bespoke British butler is high on:
Of course, a butler’s working duties can vary a great deal depending who he or she is working for.
In brief, a butler’s duties include:
- Providing personal service to guests
- Having knowledge of all hotel amenities for guests
- Working with all departments to meet the principal’s and guests’ needs
An example of a typical private Butler job spec:
We are looking for a Butler to act as the hotel’s main point of contact for our guests when we entertain. Importantly, the role is long term, live-in and for a very formal household in central London.
In short, The Butler responsibilities include greeting and checking in guests. Moreover, you will be making dining and entertainment plans. Of course, your duties will also be to keep the guests’ rooms up to a 5 star hotel standard. Furthermore, you will be their first point of contact and act as a concierge. Ultimately, you will help us provide the best possible experience for our guests during their stay with us.
Responsibilities and the Butler’s working duties
- First of all, meet guests when they arrive and getting them settled in their rooms.
- Secondly, understand the guests’ needs by learning their preferences, allergies, dislikes, etc.
- Thirdly, have a thorough understanding of all spirits and specialty foods in stock.
- Moreover, assess and restock wine and spirit collections as necessary.
- Serve meals and pour drinks for guests.
- Communicate with housekeeping to ensure rooms are cleaned at the most convenient time for guests.
- Run errands for guests when necessary.
- Ensure guests’ rooms are clean and tidy up when necessary.
- Recommend and arrange plans for guests.
- See guests off when they check out.
- Obviously, remain well-groomed at all times.
- Also, keep up to date on all hotel policies on safety and hygiene.
- Last but not least, we expect you to perform all duties with discretion, professionalism and in a pleasant way.
- Experience as a Butler or similar role in the hospitality industry.
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to adapt to a fluid environment.
- Commitment to a high level of customer service.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Knowledge of area restaurants and attractions.
- Ability to handle sensitive matters with efficiency and discretion.
- Knowledge of food and wine pairing.
Salary and benefits:
60K GBP per year gross
Use of car and petrol allowance
Own 1 bedroom flat attached to the house (shower, WC, kitchen and sitting room)
Of course, if the Butler’s working duties are more extensive, a higher salary will be paid.
Bespoke Bureau butlers
Uniquely, our butlers are often trained at our Butler academy. Moreover, our clients know that butlers that have qualified with us are seen as the best. Of course, are Butlers are educated (often with our academy). Also, of course, they have professional experience in the field. Their knowledge ranges from:
- formal serving protocol
- household maintenance
- staff management
- accounting skills
- much more
Why our Butlers are different
- Needless to say, our butlers understand the importance of flawless social etiquette, privacy, confidentiality, and problem solving. Our Butler’s working duties tend to be a long list of helpful tasks.
- Of course, our Butler’s working duties include many practical tasks and we know that a butler position is very personal and hands-on. As a result, we only register and represent butlers with super skills.
What other butler’s working duties will our butlers provide?
- First of all, answering the residence phone.
- Secondly, receiving and greeting guests.
- Thirdly, serving meals and drinks.
- Moreover, setting and serving a formal table.
- Also, cooking.
- Of course, light housekeeping.
- Importantly, running errands.
- Obviously sometimes grocery and household shopping.
- Moreover, caring for wardrobe.
- Packing and unpacking for trips.
- Also, coordinating travel arrangements.
- Managing household budget.
- Furthermore, paying household bills.
- Planning and executing social events.
- Maintaining the wine cellar.
- Impressively, caring for fine china, art, and antiques.
- Finally, supervising other household staff.
We place butlers for:
- VIP homes
- Private member clubs
Impressively, a butler’s full-time annual salary is £40,000-£80,000 before tax. Of course, the rate is also depending on credentials, experience, and the Butler’s working duties.
Fee and Guarantee:
Interestingly, our reasonable butler fee include:
- full search
- background checks
- interview and trial set ups for you
- contract help
Uniquely, we give all clients a 12 month placement guarantee. At no additional cost to you in the unlikely event that a hired candidate becomes unavailable or does not work out.
Finally, to start your search today, call:
From Sara Vestin Rahmani
Watch us on internet: