Silver Service Training London
Silver Service Training London
By joining our Silver Service Training London, you will add to your skills and up your game in the Elite service industry.
What is Silver Service? Facts
First of all, we want to give you some facts:
We want you to know that Silver service is a method of food service that includes serving food at the table. Secondly, Silver service is a technique where the food is transferred of transferring food from a service dish to the guest’s plate from the left. Thirdly, Silver service is performed by a waiter by using service forks and spoons from the diner’s left. Last but not least, in France, we call Silver Service ‘service à l’anglaise’, meaning English service.
Silver Service Methods
- We first off teach you that silver service food is served from the left. Moreover, you service drinks and plated meals from the right.
- Furthermore, we will instruct you that meals are served to the diner from platters. The dishes are correspondingly not plated in the kitchen.
- Please note straight away that you should serve the guest to the host’s right is served first. This guest is usually female.
- Our teacher will show you how the service continues to the right.
- Of course, we will show you how plates are cleared from the right. Then we will instruct you how glasses are served from the right. Again, we will show you this, by starting with the guest to the host’s right.
- Furthermore, the teacher will instruct you how glasses are stacked in a diagonal to the right and away. With wine (by course) in order and then water glass in front.
- Silver service is oriented for a right-handed waiter: to serve the food. Correspondingly, the waiter stands behind the guest and to the guest’s left. Furthermore, on our course, we will show you how the waiter holds or supports the platter with their left hand. Again, you serve the food with their right hand.
- Finally, we will let you know that it is common for the waiter to hold the serving-fork above the serving-spoon both in the right hand. Then we will display the use of fingers to manipulate the two as a pincer for picking up, holding and transferring the food.
Why Silver Service Training London?
Initially, our teacher will tell you that the technique of silver service requires much practice. Moreover, on the course, we explain that it takes time to get it right. Making mistakes on the job is not fun. Our instructor will guide you in becoming confident before you start a new job. We welcome you to our Silver Service training London and become a confident Silver Service Provider.
A modification of silver service is known as butler service.
We will explain to you that, in butler service, the waiter holds the plate while the diner actually helps himself from a serving plate. Moreover, the teacher will explain that traditionally, this type of service was used on Sunday evenings. In our industry, Sunday evening was a time of rest for the staff. Our much loved butler helped out at dinner. Again, we want you to note that, in France, we call this service ‘service à la francaise’.
Why are the right Service skills important in the elite service industry?
First and foremost, please note that the UHNW world expects their staff to have the right skills to serve them. You need to know how to serve their meals, drinks and snacks. Your confidence should show both at meal times and in-between. Our training will give result. You see, Elite service etiquette is the key to employer satisfaction. Here are some examples of the type of service you can expect:
- Russian Service
- French Service
- American Service
- Chinese Service
- Silver Service
- Butler service
Accordingly, those who can master this skill, deserve respect. By training, you will gain confidence and etiquette. We will make you good in performing all of the above named styles of services.
Joining our Silver Service Training London
The British Butler Academy run regular Silver Service group classes. We welcome students of all levels and backgrounds to join us for intensive weekends. We encourage you to take a look at our class timetable. The whole team are welcoming you to enroll on our next Silver Service course. Ultimately, we think you should book your training with us today!
Call us on +442032900142 or email firstname.lastname@example.org