Learn Silver Service with us
Learn Silver Service with us
First of all, get in touch to book to learn silver service with us on: email@example.com or give us a ring on +442032900142.
Information about our Silver service training
- First of all, we offer silver service training for both individuals and companies.
- Moreover, we have basic and advanced level courses
- Importantly to know is that all the training we do is individual which means that we come to your setting. As a result, the training is always done either in your home, your work place, your hotel, yacht or similar.
- Furthermore, we travel to locations all over the globe to conduct our elite training classes.
- Similarly, we have teachers available all year around and in various locations.
- Also, the silver service training we offer is very hands on with practical elements. The reason is that silver service is a skill you need to practice over and over to get good at.
- As a result of the above, you or your staff will soon have the right techniques. You will be able to host any party, event, dinner or reception with perfection.
- Finally, you get a glossy certificate which you can use for your work place if you are a hotel for example or if you are an individual, this will speak volumes when looking for a job.
So, what is Silver service?
- First of all, Silver service (in British English) is a method of food service.
- Secondly, this type of service usually includes serving food at the table.
- Thirdly, is is a technique of transferring food from a service dish to the guest’s plate from the left.
- Moreover, this service is performed by a waiter using service forks and spoons from the diner’s left.
- Last but not least, in France, this kind of service is known as service à l’anglaise (“English Service”).
“Silver service waiting originates from the manors, country seats and fine houses of the British middle and upper classes of centuries gone by. Needless to say, many people really enjoy the sense of history and grandeur that comes with Silver Service dining and in the right setting it can really add style to an event or function. Our clients all over the world, love to add a touch of old style British or French charm to their dinners, parties or events.”
– Sara Vestin Rahmani
More about how to learn silver service
- Importantly to know is that silver service is orientated for a right-handed waiter. Because of this, it’s harder for a left handed person to do silver service. Well, at least it takes more training.
- Furthermore, the waiter stands behind the guest and to the guest’s left. Here, he or she holds or supports the platter with their left hand, and serves the food with their right hand.
- It is common for the waiter to hold the serving-fork above the serving-spoon both in the right hand.
- At the same time he or she would use their fingers to manipulate the two as a pincer for picking up, holding and transferring the food.
- Obviously and as you can tell, this technique requires much practice and is not easy.
More on offer than our Best Silver service training
- We also teach table management and all other forms of service.
- For example, silver service has one modification which is known as butler service.
- In contrary to silver service, in butler service, the diner helps himself from a serving plate held by the waiter or butler.
- Traditionally, butler service was used on Sunday evenings when the waiting staff had the evening off and the butler helped out at dinner.
- In France, this kind of service is known as service à la francaise (“French service”).
Contact us and book!
Finally, we would love to hear from you so call us today to book our Best Silver service training : +44 (0) 2032900142 or email via firstname.lastname@example.org and book your session today